The following resources have been volunteered by IBC members for the confidential sharing of information and education of fellow IBC members. These resources may be used to influence, inform, and/or improve managerial policies and procedures at IBC member stores, but being specific to IBC member stores, may not be shared or discussed outside of IBC.
Management Handbook resources
- Manger Handbook Club to build a comprehensive template for manager handbooks. Based on Joyce Meskis' Manager Training Handbook and incorporating best practices from IBC member stores, this discussion will take place as part of the monthly managers meetings in late 2023 and early 2024. See below for the original source material, the schedule and overview of the project, and the resulting resource.
- Manager Handbook Framework to prioritize contents of your store's management handbook
- Manager Resources Template to be used in Manager Handbooks, created by Jax Caldwell Dunn (Bookshop Santa Cruz), Jessilynn Norcross (McLean & Eakin), and Pam Cady (University Book Store) for the spring 2023 IBC Idea Exchange
Performance Review Forms
- Order of Operations for Probationary Employees from Bookshop Santa Cruz
- Course Correction Form from Changing Hands
- Performance Roadmap from The King's English
- Corrective Action Form from Politics and Prose
- Disciplinary Documentation Presentation Guidelines for Managers from BookPeople
- Disciplinary Policy and Accountability Procedure from Avid
Employee Self-Assessment forms
Recently unearthed from the fossilized archives of the ABA's training video production department. Hat tip to Jax from Bookshop Santa Cruz for locating these and creating a handy playlist.